Monday, July 18, 2011

A Rainbow

A rainbow is not only a thing of beauty, but a promise from God. 

Quigley should be well socialized since I am continually talking to him.  When we take our walks, I point out the birds, chickens, horse, goat, cars, etc., and of course, I am sure he understands.  He stops and looks directly at them, and that should be proof enough!  He is observing his world and seeing all the exciting things that exist from his viewpoint.  Every day is a gift from God that provides so much natural beauty if we will open our eyes to see it unfold.  Those simple things bring such richness to life, and God is continually revealing lessons from nature.

When we were building our house, Quigley had not yet come into our lives.  Billy and I had started out to the farm one late summer evening to check on the progress with the house when he spotted a rainbow.  It was almost a complete arch except for a few clouds at the very top.  Our lives can be like that when we see our path clearly.

Within the next few minutes, another rainbow began to form next to the first one.  The second one had a beginning and an end, but clouds were covering the rest of the rainbow.  Sometimes our lives are clouded by fears and doubts just like the rainbow that was faint and clouded.  Like the second rainbow, everything has a beginning and an end, but we don't know all the in-between.

God knows the outcome and is faithful to see us through anything we face if we are willing to let Him handle it.  What a beautiful world He has given us, and how wonderful His unfailing promises of love and concern!

I constantly carried my camera with me while we were building the house, but had forgotten it that evening.  When we got to the house site, the same rainbow was stretched out framing the house.  I missed getting a picture, and it would have been a good one to have, but I don't need a picture to remind me of God's promises. 

No comments:

Post a Comment